THE HAPPY RETURN, OR HOW TO FACE THE RETURN WITHOUT DRAMAS
(STARTING WITH A THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE AT THE ORGANIC SPA)
(STARTING WITH A THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE AT THE ORGANIC SPA)
All good things are short-lived and, to prove it, summer vacations are as necessary as breathing, but too short for most mortals. The return to working life is always hard and is accompanied by that homesickness that drags us along for days remembering those wonderful sunrises without an alarm clock and the dolce far niente without remorse. A homesickness that for many is a real tragedy, even causing what some psychologists call ‘syndrome’ or ‘post-holiday depression’. An adaptation process that usually lasts a few days, but can last up to several weeks, in which case it would be advisable to consult a professional.
Its symptoms are manifested in the form of sadness, general tiredness, apathy, irritability, general discomfort, lack of concentration, loss of appetite, sleep disturbance, lack of adaptation and anxiety, but we can mitigate them and even avoid them by following the advice of oriental wisdom, revered by many for more than 2,500 years for its proven ability to improve physical, mental and spiritual health. Philosophy that is based mainly on the unity of body and mind, in the search for balance to find well-being and happiness.
Lidia Hernández, a great connoisseur of oriental therapies, an expert in traditional Chinese medicine and therapist at The Organic Spa, clarifies that: “The mind dominates and manipulates us and we are the ones who should learn to dominate it. Through the practice of Eastern philosophy and mindfulness, which is nothing more than focusing on the present, bringing the mind to the now, we can learn to control it. A discipline that, once learned, can be tremendously deep, addictive and fun, depending on the time you dedicate to it. It is something as fundamental as your well-being, your health. We should all practice it, and treating yourself to a therapeutic massage is the best start. Our Thai-Hawaiian-inspired ‘Wellness Massage’ (from 85 euros) will bring you back to life.”
“The demand for massages and rituals after the summer holidays is incredible. Surprisingly, we see that many clients come tired, ‘contracted’, with a significant energy blockage despite having been on vacation. From the moment they walk through the door, we are giving signals to the subconscious mind that it is time to relax and enjoy the moment, forgetting everything else. Therapeutic massage is one of the most effective techniques in which mindfulness can be practiced. In addition, it has been shown that endorphins, responsible for happiness, are released during the massage. They should be prescribed as part of a healthy life. In fact, in Thailand it is a way of life, to the point that the ‘Traditional Thai Massage’ is considered an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO. There must be a reason”.
“We live constantly anticipating the future, worrying about what might happen and dragging the slab of the past. That is a ‘unliving’. We have to learn to relax to be happier and of course healthier. There are many tricks. Reconsidering for just a few minutes can bring us many things. Meditation is one of the secrets of wellness.
“Try to experiment with something as involuntary as your breathing, something conscious. Take deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling calmly through the nose, filling the stomach, diaphragm, chest, and releasing. You will bring more oxygen to all parts of your body and hopelessly your mind and body will not be able to resist lowering the revolutions, helping you to perform more and better”.
“The perfect formula is precisely to bring the mind to the smallest details of our daily tasks (from paying attention to the smell of shampoo while you shower, for example, or to rediscovering your city as if you were a tourist), so that it does not go to sleep. automatic and give in to looped thinking, to ‘mental chatter’”.
“We are so internalized that we believe everything they tell us that we are on autopilot. For example, we eat like automatons, especially during the week, because it is an organic necessity, but we do not pay attention to whether the food is crunchy, tasty, salty, tasteless…”. Reflections that undoubtedly invite us to rethink many things. September is a good time to start improving our lifestyle, and The Organic Spa is the perfect place.
2 hours – 175 €
Un ritual que te hará brillar desde dentro hacia fuera. Elimina toxinas, nutre en profundidad la piel de todo el cuerpo y tiene un gran poder détox.
2,5 hours – 200 €
Get rid of all the accumulated toxins and recover hydration and luminosity with an express health and beauty ritual for body and face. A detox cure to deeply cleanse toxins and restore hydration and elasticity lost during the winter, based on exfoliating salts, detox mud, essential oils made from healing plants and fruits (jasmine, green tea, lavender, verbena, lemongrass , rosa damascena, coconut and papaya) and Pañpuri’s Lotus Defense™ facial care line, rich in natural alpha-hydroxy acids that help restore and rejuvenate the skin of the face, neck and décolletage, minimizing pores and providing luminosity. Your tan will last much longer and help prevent premature aging.
150 min. — 200 €/person Buy / Gift
60-90-120 minutes – 85-110-135 €
1. Treat yourself to a therapeutic massage at The Organic Spa (you’ll love any of its extensive menu, from the ‘Traditional Thai Massage’, ‘Lomi-Lomi’, ‘Uplifting’ or ‘Balinese’). Its health benefits are countless and it will help you ‘land’ with a much better body, skin and mood, ready to face the new course full of endorphins.
2. Put mindfulness in your life. A discipline that teaches you to become aware of the present, the here and now, to learn to manage stress, anxiety and ultimately your life. You can start with the book Take a breath! Mindfulness, the art of staying calm in the midst of the storm, by Dr. Mario Alonso Puig (Ed. Espasa), and Clean your brain, by Drs. David and Austin Perlmutter (Ed. Grijalbo).
3. Give yourself time. Returning home 2 or 3 days before returning to work and responsibilities is essential for a good reintegration and, incidentally, cleaning, ventilating and relocating your home.
4. ‘To do list’. Before you return, make a list of goals and priorities for the new course that are realistic and can be met without resorting to miracles. Plan with your feet on the ground and start small to avoid frustration.
5. Smart shopping list. We are what we eat and drink. It’s time to return to an orderly and balanced diet where a variety of seasonal foods abound: fruit, vegetables, legumes, cereals, nuts, seeds… Avoid sugar and salt, processed food, sausages, fried foods, soft drinks and alcohol. Drink plenty of water (it is the best drink in the world), green tea and infusions.
6. Restful sleep. Going to bed at a reasonable hour to be able to sleep the necessary eight hours and thus normalize the schedule progressively is essential. Setting the alarm clock a few days before will help us to carry it much better on the first day of work.
7. Practice some sport or exercise daily, if possible, outdoors. Movement is life and there is no need to go to the gym. Propose a plan adapted to your lifestyle that you can fulfill without pressure, whether walking, cycling, running, jogging, jumping or dancing. Signing up for classes of an activity that you like can be of great help.
8. Digital disconnect. Mobile addiction, being always connected, is a problem with serious consequences for our health. Turn it off whenever you can and start reading, listening to music, walking.
9. Treat yourself-reward whenever you need it. Small pleasures are always a help to face the obligations of day to day.
10. Spend more time with friends and family. Any excuse is good to socialize.
11. Have more contact with animals and nature. Adopting a pet has changed the lives of many people for the better, yes, as long as you can assume all the responsibilities. People who surround themselves with animals and are in contact with nature are much happier.
12. Give thanks. Be aware of all the good you have and appreciate it. Feel lucky to have a job, but don’t take it home with you. If you telecommute, it is very important that you set limits and schedules.
The Organic Spa is a benchmark within the sector of oriental therapies and organic beauty, nominated as the best urban spa in Spain since its opening in 2011. A unique place where the best oriental therapies, used since ancient times to provide well-being and prevent diseases, such as the Traditional Thai Massage, the Royal Thai Massage, the Balinese Massage (they use finger-pressure, forearms and elbows to work deeply on ailments and unblock energy points), the Lomi Lomi (an ancient Hawaiian massage in which they work the meridians gently), Aromatherapy or the Reiki technique, to achieve the most absolute relaxation and heal body, mind and soul. A true paradise for the senses.
Based on oriental therapies and the best-kept beauty secrets of Asia, the exclusive treatments of this temple of health and well-being are the favorites of international athletes, models, actors and celebrities.
The Organic Spa was a pioneer in defending the slow philosophy of taking care of yourself in a conscious, respectful and intelligent way from within, of adopting a lifestyle where healthy is a priority, where you become aware of how important it is to also take care of our environment, of the planet, and where health is synonymous with beauty. All the products used are from the exclusive Thai firm Pañpuri®, which complies with the most demanding quality controls and guarantees that absolutely everything, from its ingredients to the packaging, are clean and respectful of our health and that of the planet. Their ZeroList ™ distinctive means that they are 100% free of toxic and potentially harmful ingredients, such as sulfates, silicones, parabens, EDTA, PEGS, phthalates and chemical sunscreens, and, in addition, they are free of gluten and ingredients of animal origin (honey , carmine, beeswax …). A philosophy where luxury is ecofriendly, organic and cruelty-free and where all the formal security measures are taken in detail.
2018 Finalista Mejor Línea Facial Lotus Defense ™ por los ‘PURE BEAUTY GLOBAL AWARDS‘
2018 Ganador Mejor Producto Lotus Defense ™ al Brightening Serum por los ‘PURE BEAUTY GLOBAL AWARDS‘
2011 – 2018 Gold List, Traveler Magazine “Nominated for Best Spa in Spain”
The Crystal Awards, Asia Pacific ‘Nominated for Best Natural/Organic Spa Product Range‘
Marie Claire Beauty Award ‘Thai Prestige‘
Design Excellence Award (Demark), Bangkok ‘Home Ambiance Signature Collection’
2010 Les Découvertes 2010, Maison & Objet Fair, Paris ‘Home Ambiance Signature Collection As Best New Range’
The Crystal Awards, Asia Pacific ‘Nominated for Best Product, Signature Facial Experience’